This 4 hour in-person seminar is being held at KMC University headquarters
Mastering the basics of recordkeeping and risk management has become more critical than ever with the passing of the Affordable Care Act and other state-level documentation and compliance rulings. No wonder chiropractors often question whether they’re doing the “right” thing in these areas! Here’s your opportunity to get your answers right away, make sure you’re on track, and bulletproof your recordkeeping. Our distinctive approach to explaining case management leaves both doctor and team with a clear understanding of initial and routine visit documentation requirements, treatment planning, and compliance requirements. This training covers the action steps and know-how necessary to immediately take control of your documentation and compliance. We’ll also cover all the important aspects of Colorado Rule 22 compliance for documentation and recordkeeping.
At the end of this program, the attendee will be able to:
- Understand the mechanics of the beginning of an episode of care from initial history to exam, diagnosis, and treatment planning.
- Master the requirements for daily treatment notes and re-evaluation according to guidelines.
- Establish medical necessity for care and understand whether that care meets the standards for third-party reimbursement, or is maintenance, wellness, or other forms of non-third-party reimbursed care.
- Understand the requirements for documenting primary subluxations vs. secondary compensations, especially when technique-specific protocols dictate multiple regions of treatment.
- Interpret compliance advice and regulations directly from the Federal Office of Inspector General; when we’re operating in compliance, it’s much easier to sleep at night.
* If the minimum attendance is not reached, the class may not take place